Follow the evolution of a young drawer as he becomes a better piece of furniture.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

My Bloggidy Blig Blog! Blam!

It's time to get famous! Watch me as I get better at drawing stuff! I'm gonna post sketches and drawings as often as I have time to do so. I hope somebody out there will enjoy looking at them!

Today I went to the Cartoon Art Museum here in S.F. to see John K. talk. The museum is crap to be honest, it's small and they usually show mediocre cartoon stuff. However it is the only cartoon museum I know of so I have to give them credit for making an honorable effort. John drew me an awesome sketch of Sody Pop and signed my Ripping Friends DVD. He seems like a nice guy, patiently drawing doodles over and over for the dual line of fans. I was sad that his pals Marlo and Katie couldn't come, because I wanted to meet them too (They are my age but so much better at the cartooning stuff it makes me jealous.) .

Afterwards I went to the park and was doing so rapid sketches of people standing around. Man is it hard to draw like that. I hate the way my sketches come out, but I am going to keep doing it until I get better at it. John made that awesome drawing of Sody in under 5 seconds. I want to be that fast. I did a doodle of the Sody Pop drawing myself to see how hard it was to do. Here's my attempt:

Here's some of the sketches from the park. They are so stiff and square. I gotta figure out how to get my brain to work out theose cool curves faster! I feel like I am training for an olympic sport or something.

Bleah! Must get better! Draw more!

Yesterday I saw John K's cartoon show at the Castro. The cartoons were revolting and delectable at the same time. It takes genius (or insanity) to pull that balance off. I got another sketch that night of Jimmy.


That's all I have for tonight, I gotta work on my flash comic. I have to finish it by Monday. I'll post it once it's done. I will leave you with some drawings I did on Thursday with my buddy Brent. He made me a mix of music to inspire some drawings and I did some doodles for him. Here they are. You can click this link to find the music I was listening to at the time, Brent is a badass DJ.



2 Comments:

Blogger Marlo said...

i like the face on the fat chick!

2:19 AM

 
Blogger Daniel said...

Fat and voluptuous are two different things!

3:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home